Saturday, April 08, 2006
Stations of the Cross...
I went along to an ecumenical Stations of the Cross last night at the Roman Church in Monmouth. It was just the Anglicans and Romans, united together in our catholic ways (allthough there was a lady who I think may have been a Methodist minister - it gave the RC priest a bit of a start when he saw the collar on her!). Some of it seemed a little 'controversial' (as I overheard one old lady mutter), with a prayer for the Pope (!) and a Hail Mary (fine by me...). The liturgy hadn't been altered for us Anglicans, which I felt was rather nice thing (although there could be other, less romantic reasons for that).
However, Fr. Pat seems lovely, but wasn't dreadfully, well, charismatic, and kept on making unexpected pauses that weren't appropriate. He may have had a speech impediment as well, which didn't help (althouth that's not his fault).
The pews were a bit close together as well, as making for tricky genuflection towards some of the stations, but, well, there we are.
Technorati Tags: stations of the cross, Catholic, Anglican